Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I didn't ask any questions" - separated at birth?

Waldorf and I have spotted many similarities between Prime Mentalist, Gordon Brown and GDfB Leader, Michael Whitney Freer. It would seem that the similarities run deeper than we thought. Yesterday it emerged, after deep and persistent questioning from the excellent Michael Fallon MP, that Lord Myners simply hadn't asked any questions about the RBS pension deal.
Yesterday, also, it was leaked that Michael Whitney Freer similarly hadn't bothered to ask any questions about where £2billion of Council Tax Payers money was being invested. Maybe he was too busy laying back and getting a tan?
Were these two former Bankers separated at birth?

1 comment:

  1. Gentlemen

    You may be interested to know that Baroness Miller of Hendon asked Lord Myners a question in a debate last week on the banking crisis.

    Toxic Debt Question

    The Noble Baroness asked: What representations have Her Majesty's Government made to the OFT regarding the complete failure in any case to exercise its powers of enforcement over financial institutions which engage in "irresponsible lending"? Is the Minister now aware that this power was added to the Consumer Credit Act 2006 following my representations throughout the passage of that Bill?

    In response, Lord Myners said: “My Lords, I thank the noble Baroness, Lady Miller, for her question. I am not as well informed on the OFT matter as I should be and I will make it my duty to ensure that I am.”

    It is quite an admission from the Minister that he doesn’t know what is going on in his own department. Sounds familiar?

    ReplyDelete