For this upstart, Shooter, to win he needs 20 votes (unless there are abstentions). So Statler and I, after catching up on Home and Away thought we would speculate on the 20 Conservative Group Councillors most loyal to Lynne Howard/Hillan (depends who's asking (tm)).
- Brian Coleman - need we say any more?
- Helena Hart - loyal Freerite and Cabinet member. Mike Freer would have made sure he supports Mrs Hillan.
- Andreas Tambourides (Licensing Chairman SRA to increase by 50% - meets twice a year - even after supposed u-turn)- together with his wife a big winner in the allowance increases. The Godfather of the outfit.
- Hugh Rayner (Business Management OSC Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - loyal henchman of Lynne Hillan. Put out memo defending her decision.
- Dan Thomas - loyal Freerite and Cabinet member. Mike Freer would have made sure he supports Mrs Hillan.
- Richard Cornelius - loyal Hillan supporter and Cabinet member. Put his neck on the line, as Chairman, writing a letter to Conservative members in Chipping Barnet without seeking proper support.
- Andrew Harper - deputy Leader and key architect of the original rise. Ran for cover whilst Mrs Hillan was in Spain but left Coleman do to the dirty work. Seen by most as having undergone a vertebrectomy.
- Robert Rams - Brian Coleman's poodle and Cabinet member.
- Joanna Tambourides - Andreas will expect his wife to obey his commandments !
- Maureen Braun - Part of the original plotters. Would probably be deselected if Mrs Hillan went.
- Joan Scannell (General Functions Committee Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - who loyally followed Lynne Hillan and Brian Coleman's instruction to discipline Kate Salinger in that brutal public way.
- Alison Cornelius (Health OSC Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - she has been fighting a strong rearguard action against the rebellious women's committee in Chipping Barnet supporting Lynne Hillan down the line.
- Darryl Yawitch (Budget & Performance OSC Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - Lynne Hillan's latest 'blue eyed boy'.
- Barry Evangeli - one of the new Councillors who loyally followed instructions to ban discussion at the Chipping Barnet Residents' forum.
- Brian Gordon (Policy and Performance OSC Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - Lynne Hillan's assistant Cabinet member for a while. Seen as loyal to her.
- Melvin Cohen - inseparable from Lynne Hillan under the correct assumption that noone else would give him a job in the Cabinet.
- Lisa Rutter - ward colleagues with Lynne Hillan and Andreas Tambourides, not going to want to rock the boat!
- Sach Rajput - Cabinet member, all of the Cabinet are behind Lynne Hillan.
- Wendy Prentice (Planning and Environment Committee Chairman SRA to increase by 50% even after supposed u-turn) - Chairman of the Conservative Group.
- Bridget Perry - tends to follow her Ward colleague.
So, chaps and chappesses, what do you think of our fantasy Conservative Group speculation? Which names do you think we have right? Which names have we got wrong? Comment away below - we expect, nee demand, strong debate.
Are one of these Councillors your local Councillors? Do you know then in another context? Why not email them and ask them who they are supporting and why?
Of to bed now, after a creme de menthe...